Tips for those who need to be a bit more secretive about their witchcraft practice, or those who have to hide it.
- Don’t be afraid to use regular notebooks and/or for your journals, book of shadows, grimoires, etc. Not only are they less suspicious, especially if you’re prone to writing or in school, they are less likely to draw attention if you keep them simple on the outside, or don’t label them as such. I used to fill in the first few pages with decoy notes, such as notes on math or other such things. Then fill in the rest as a grimoire or with other notes.
- Want to have books of witchcraft but aren’t sure how to go about hiding them? Having a small tote that isn’t see through helps or mix them in under regular books. Smaller totes can be stored under the bed or other places to keep them, until it’s safe to get them out.
- Interested in Crystals? – You can somewhat avert attention to yourself, by either learning to make pendants or bracelets with the crystals incorporated into them (also a nice art craft as well) – or, if you’re into studying and science, try getting a crystal geology kit. Can be a nice way to learn about them, and still, avert attention. They’ll just think you’re into shiny things. Also, if you’re a bit of a green thumb, crystals can be worked into your garden.
- If you take the time to learn to sew, it’s possible to learn to sew hidden sigils into your clothes, or other items. This includes clothing, blankets, etc.
- If you want to burn candles but can’t, for any reason,there’s two options I’ve used. You can use either a nightlight or an electric candle, which can be turned off as needed. (You can use colored tapes, or paint, to decorate the holder of the bulb). – I personally would substitute popsicles or ice cubes for candles. Popsicles, along with the colors, also can have flavor correspondences. Ice cubes were used in place of for plain white candles. Since both can ‘melt’ , you can use them as an effective substitute.
written by @omgwitcherry
Shout out to @jasper-pagan-witch for the idea to make a post. <3